Kothar has found a way to copy Asana projects from one workspace to another, a feature not available from within Asana itself. You will need to create the target project in advance and the process requires some manual checking of project IDs but overall could be a great time saver. Essentially a PHP script that has been extended and made accessible via a front-end web interface, the process supports board-style projects and custom fields.
Otter is the smart note-taking and collaboration app that business people, students, and journalists use to get more value from meetings, calls, video conferences, interviews, lectures, and wherever important conversations happen. Record conversations right from your phone or computer. Import or sync recordings from other services. Integrate seamlessly with Zoom. Get real-time captions and, within minutes, a searchable transcript synched with audio and photos plus speakers and key phrases.
Share or export voice notes to inform others and get on the same page. Create groups to invite collaborators and keep organized. Otter’s free version includes 600 minutes of transcription per month or enjoy premium service with 6,000 minutes of transcription for $9.99 per month or $79.99 annually. Otter also offers a student discount for $4.99 month.
Hopper – Booking travel just got easier. Hopper helps you book flights and hotels at exactly the right time by predicting prices with 95% accuracy up to one year in advance. No ads, no spam, no stress — just accurate predictions and the easiest way to book and save. Plan less, travel more.
Hopper has helped 30 million travelers book trips around the world, saving them more than $1.8 billion to date. The Hopper app will monitor prices for you and you can book in just a few taps. Book flights and hotels, watch trips and be notified of changes in price to help you save up to 40% on travel. Free to download directly from the Apple App Store or get it on Google Play.
Calendly Zoom integration - With Calendly’s new Zoom integration Zoom conference details can be automatically added to any Calendly meeting. This new integration lets you automatically generate unique Zoom conference details for every meeting you schedule or use a standing static Zoom meeting link if you prefer.
This integration eliminates the need to set up and remember conferencing details and updates meeting details in real time when rescheduling or canceling. Invitees will receive instant access to the details in calendar invitations and meeting reminders after scheduling with you. For your access, the unique link will appear within the event details on your Calendly dashboard and under My Meetings in Zoom. You can connect your Zoom account with Calendly in one easy step and help simplify scheduling.
Shortcuts is an automation app that delivers a quick way to get things done with your apps with just a tap or by asking Siri. Shortcuts replaces Apple’s old Workflow app and makes Siri more powerful and useful than ever before.
The Shortcuts app enables you to create personal shortcuts with multiple steps from your favorite apps. You can start from hundreds of examples in the Gallery or drag and drop to create your own. By recording custom phrases and adding them to Siri’s repertoire, you can trigger a sequence of actions involving multiple apps. Shortcuts includes over 300 built-in actions and works with many of your favorite apps including Contacts, Calendar, Maps, Music, Photos, Camera, Reminders, Safari, Health as well as any app that supports Siri Shortcuts.
Best Practices for Working with Remote Support Teams
Contributed by our Team Member, Jen
1. Include the meeting date, start and end time, conference line/webinar link, and expected attendees.
2. Provide the agenda at least 24 hours in advance. You can always add to the agenda, but it’s important to let the attendees know the key points prior to the meeting. Set a reminder email or text message to go out to attendees 30 minutes prior to the meeting. It is important to start and end your meeting on time. If there are latecomers to the meeting, address them one-on-one afterwards.
3. Prioritize the topics discussed with most important topics first, and note the key person presenting on each topic.
4. Timing: Be realistic on what you can cover in the time you set for the meeting. Set a specific amount of time for each topic. If you’re meeting goes over an hour, consider scheduling a short break.
5. Designate a time-keeper: You may already have an employee that checks the clock; let this person be the time-keeper! He/she can be the one to say, “It’s time to move on to the next topic,” so you can keep your mind on the discussion, not your watch.
6. Remind your team to stick to the agenda. Make sure your employees know you are listening to their suggestions. These topics can be tabled for the next meeting, or perhaps their ideas are better for a one-on-one discussion. Either way, stick to your agenda.
7. A quick (approximately 15 minute) weekly team meeting is a great way for you to keep track of your team’s projects. Start your meeting on a positive note with a list of accomplishments since your last meeting. Then check-in of each attendee and review last week‘s progress. If there were any items that were supposed to be done from last week’s meeting, be sure to have this list to ensure these items were done. Follow with a review of this week’s projects and questions. Finally, look ahead at what’s coming up. Figure out next steps and prioritize.
8. Closing: End the meeting with a review of to-do’s. Make sure everyone is clear on the decisions made and who is responsible for following up on agenda items.
Thanks Jen! We hope you'll give some or all of these tips a try and tell us what you think on Facebook and follow us on Twitter (we follow back).
We help busy business owners become more strategic with their time.
Our team can provide an extra set of hands to take minutes at your next meeting,
or help your team prioritize and execute tasks post-meeting. Just ask!
Conference Call Service Cheat Sheet
Conference Calls have been around for what seems like forever and they are still an efficient way to bring people together to discuss a specific topic. There are many conference call services available online for free and/or a monthly fee. These service providers give businesses, large and small, options and a multitude of features that can improve the effectiveness and quality of a conference call.